Blog Archive

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Cartoon 17: Minguella offering himself

Minguella:
This is a message for the future pre-candidates for president of Barça. Minguella is available to give a touch a touch of class and elegance to your candidacy. Take advantage of the discounts, because when the campaign officially takes off, my fee will triple. Come on Madam, it's still fresh!




(click the cartoon to enlarge)


by alex

source:
golsud

see more cartoons here

Friday, November 20, 2009

Chief executive obstacle for one board candidacy

Catalan sports paper Sport claims that the figure of Barcelona chief executive Joan Oliver (picture) is at this moment the main obstacle for one united board candidacy in next year's elections for president of Barcelona (read more here).

Key directors Alfons Godall and Jaume Ferrer would have a different opinion on the continuation of the general director after the elections. While Godall reportedly wants to keep Oliver in charge, Ferrer would want him to leave the club after Oliver ordered a detective agency to investigate Ferrer and three other vice-presidents earlier this year (read more here).

read this blog's ten-parts series on the "barcagate" affair here


Read more:
One board candidacy suddenly seems very likely
Barcagate (10) - The fallout
Cartoon: Oliver denies spying claims

The Quote: Samuel Eto'o

"The only thing I want is that the club would have a president who is up for the task. As a Barça fan, I'd ask both Alfons and Sandro to rise to the challenge."


Inter Milan forward Samuel Eto'o,
former Barcelona player (2004-2009)



read more election quotes here

Guixa confirms that he will run for president

Asked about the rumours that he will take part in next year's elections for president of FC Barcelona (read more here), Catalan university professor Jaume Guixà has confirmed last month in an interview with Catalan local television channel TV Sant Cugat that he will be a candidate:

"In fact, since 2006, when we weren't able to collect the signatures needed [read more here], we have continued to work and form a team thinking about the elections that will be held next year. So it's not that I'm announcing it now, I have said it every time I had the chance or was asked about it: yes, I plan to run in the elections of 2010."

Read more:
Agusti Benedito to run for president
Jaume Guixa will run for president


picture: blog jaume guixà

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Cartoon 16: Board candidacy looking for water

* continuity candidacy *




(click the cartoon to enlarge)


by kap

source:
el mundo deportivo

check more election cartoons here

Will former super-agent run for president?

One of the people rumoured to be a possible candidate in next year's elections for president of FC Barcelona is Josep Maria Minguella, a former 68-year-old player's agent who represented, among many others, Barcelona players like Maradona, Romario, Guardiola, Stoichkov, Rivaldo and Messi.

Minguella, who now mainly acts as a Barcelona pundit for a number of radio and television shows, took part in the 2003 elections, when he ended fifth (out of six contenders) with 1.867 votes (3,62%). The Catalan is a fierce critic of current Barcelona president Joan Laporta and supported last year's vote of no confidence against the board.

Although Catalan sports paper Sport claimed in April of this year that Minguella had back then already decided to take part in the upcoming elections, the former candidate didn't yet confirm that he will run.

Speaking to Catalan radio station RAC 1 last week, Minguella said that he will make a decision at the beginning of next year: "I would be delighted to take part, but I didn't decide anything yet. It will depend on personal issues. I will make a decision in January."

Catalan sports paper El 9 Esportiu claims that Minguella has been holding talks with a few other possible pre-candidates - as could be Jaume Llauradó, Jordi Majó or Jordi Medina – to sound them out on a possible joint candidacy.

Minguella has said several times over the past weeks that talks with other people are indeed ongoing and it has been confirmed to this blog that a partnership with Jordi Majó, who finished third in the 2003 elections, seems at this moment the most likely option.


Read more:
Bassat will not run a third time
Who will be the next president of FC Barcelona?
Former candidate Angel Fernandez will not run

Poll result: Who would you vote for?

Who would you vote for in next year's elections for president of FC Barcelona?

Sandro Rosell 31%
Ferran Soriano 9%
Xavier Sala i Martín 5%
Alfons Godall 4%
Jaume Ferrer 3%
Agustí Benedito 1%

Don't know 37%
Won't vote 6%
Other candidates 4%



total votes: 1000
date poll: 11 to 13 november 2009
poll method: telephone inteviews with club members who have the right to vote, 95% certainty
source: diari gol

check more election poll results here